- Teachers on Friday, Sept. 1st we will have a special presentation on the dangers of distracted driving.We will have all juniors sit in for the presentation in the auditorium at 8:00 am and then all Hope and Drivers Ed classes will come down during their class time to do the simulator and listen to the KWPD.
- Underclassmen pictures will be taken Wed., Aug. 30 while you are in your English class.All students should take a picture so they can receive their student id and be in the yearbook.If you donít have an English class, you can take your picture during lunch.Staff should plan to take their picture during the day to get their updated id and for the yearbook.
- Seniors: Senior Will forms are available outside the YEARBOOK room 1-132. They can be handed in to your English teacher or Ms. Kinnune.
- Senior retake pictures will also be on Wednesday from 2:30-6:00.
- Thursday is college color day.Students and staff are urged to wear a shirt or colors from their favorite college as we encourage students to learn about colleges from across the country.
- Open House will be Thurs. from 6:00-7:30 and students should invite their parents to attend.Schedules will be provided.
- Juniors can begin completing off campus lunch forms and should turn them in with your ID you receive on Wednesday.Juniors who meet the criteria will be able to leave campus for lunch after Labor Day.
- Sail Club meeting will be held this FRIDAY, September 1 at 11:15 am in room 2-204.
- Freshmen Ė are you interested in becoming a class officer.We are looking for a President, Vice-President, Treasurer and Secretary.If you want to help lead your class in school activities, please complete an application that you can get in the office.Applications are due Friday, Sept. 1 to the office.
- Any student who is interested in joining Book Club this year should attend the first meeting on Thursday, August 31st at 2:35 in the Media Center. If you canít make the meeting, please see Mrs. Smith in the Media Center on Friday for information.
- Good luck to the jv and varsity volleyball teams as they will be traveling today to Keys Gate.
School Advisory Council
| The School Advisory Council (SAC) of Key West High School shall act as a liaison between the school and the community it serves; shall serve in an advisory capacity to the school principal; the School Improvement Plan required pursuant to Section 230.23(18), Florida Statues; shall answer questions and offer recommendations regarding school plans and policies.
The Key West High School SAC is an integral part of the Conch Community. Meetings are held the first Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in the Media Center. Information is shared, discussions are held and presenters offer an insight into programs at the school. Parents also assist with important events during the year such as Recognition Day and Teacher Appreciation Week. Major policies and procedures are brought before SAC for input. We invite all parents to attend and be a part of a wonderful team that supports our school's success!
Meeting Dates for 2017-2018